At Hambleton Equine Clinic we aim to make the MRI referral process as straightforward as possible. We accept MRI referrals as outpatient cases (unless otherwise requested) as per the data Hallmarq gathered regarding referring vets’ preferences.
We ask that the following requirements are met to ensure successful and timely results.
- Pertinent client history is provided; to include history of lameness, blocking pattern and diagnostic imaging used.
- Shoes will be removed and radiographs are taken to demonstrate that there are no metal fragments from the clenches left in place.
- Sedation and catheterisation will be carried out at the hospital.
Our range of services:
- Single region MRI including contralateral limb if necessary i.e. unilateral or bilateral front foot scan. Optional Addition: Image interpretation reported to yourself within 48hrs, telephone discussion regarding treatment and prognosis without direct feedback to client.
- As 1. above, but including MRI of multiple regions (e.g. inclusion of pastern and fetlock)
- Full referral of case, to include further workup, imaging as necessary, treatment recommendations and prognosis, treatment and case management. (£ negotiated with client)
In addition you can opt for direct explanation to the client of image interpretation with direct discussion with the client including treatment options and prognosis (the client is returned to RV for treatment)
You can make a direct referral and receive an estimated cost by calling the practice on 01642 723132 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org