At Hambleton Equine Clinic we aim to make the MRI referral process as straightforward as possible. We accept MRI referrals as outpatient cases (unless otherwise requested) as per the data Hallmarq gathered regarding referring vets’ preferences.
We ask that the following requirements are met to ensure successful and timely results.
- Pertinent client history is provided; to include history of lameness, blocking pattern and diagnostic imaging used.
- We also ask that shoes are removed and radiographs are provided to demonstrate that there are no metal fragments from the clenches left in place (this can be carried out at HEC)
- Sedation and catheterisation will be carried out at the hospital.
Our range of services and prices:
- Single region MRI including contralateral limb if necessary i.e. unilateral or bilateral front foot scan (£1000 +VAT). Optional Addition: Image interpretation reported to yourself within 48hrs, telephone discussion regarding treatment and prognosis without direct feedback to client (or as directed) (£150 +VAT)
- As 1. above, but including MRI of multiple regions (e.g. inclusion of pastern and fetlock) (£500 +VAT per additional region)
- Full referral of case, to include further workup, imaging as necessary, treatment recommendations and prognosis, treatment and case management. (£ negotiated with client)
In addition you can opt for direct explanation to the client of image interpretation with direct discussion with the client including treatment options and prognosis (the client is returned to RV for treatment)
You can make a direct referral by calling the practice on 01642 723132 or by emailing email@example.com